I'll be finishing a cover letter next week and submitting a romantic fiction piece to Woman's World!
What brought this about, you ask? I've continued to meet with my writing buddy each month. Since we were both quite stalled with our writing, she suggested about a month and a half ago that we simply jot down some first lines. I can't emphasize how helpful this was to me! I made four entries in my notebook, and only one was as short as a few lines. The others were pages long! It felt wonderful to write!
One entry was a couple of scenes that I'd visualized many times, and each time, the 'seeing' of it brought a smile to my face. I so enjoyed writing those scenes down.
Perhaps those writing exercises made it possible for me to consider writing the cover letter and submitting a piece to Woman's World. I know writing those scenes helped me as a writer.
One thing I discovered lately: Sometimes I go to sleep imagining a scene; sometimes I do the same thing when I wake up. One morning, I simply had to get out of bed and get to the computer as soon as I could to get those scenes on paper (well, on the computer). That seems to mean something. I really do enjoy writing.
I hope to make money, too. How wonderful to make money doing something that you enjoy!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment