I've been going to a writing group since last summer, and we've had some good meetings. This morning's was very good. I brought two pieces I've been working on and asked for them to be critiqued. I received welcome encouragement and some very good suggestions. (My thanks to Martha.)
Having my writing critiqued by another writer is not something I've done often, but I must say, this morning's experience makes me more open to it.
How do you feel about sharing your writing with others?
Saturday, February 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Susan,
I'm also a writer and I've been in a critique group for about 14 months and it's fantastic.
It forces you to meet deadlines (we meet every two weeks), forces you to take criticism and teaches you to impart good critques.
To answer your question, I'm leary of sharing my work with others simply because I'm a bit of a perfectionist but being in such a group, you've got to give that up. I'm not on the ball all the time and some submissions are weaker than others.
But I always learn something - I learn a lot from listening to the other members critique another member.
It's great and now that I've been in a critique group for so long, I find that it's now a necessity for me!
How about yours? How often do you meet? What is your format when you're together?
Post a Comment