Thursday, January 10, 2008

On a roll for 2008...

I've happily noticed that I've been on a roll for the new year regarding my writing. Yes, I've actually written things! LOL! I've also been reading, researching, and learning more about my genre.

My goal is to do something writing-related each day, with very few exceptions. I've been keeping a list of the books I read and possible dialogue/scenes. I've been working on a cover letter for a submission, too. I really feel good about pursuing my writing this year.

How about you? Perhaps you truly can't find the time to do something toward your writing each and every day. I admit that's quite a feat, but could you block off an hour once a week or half an hour twice a week? I know that doesn't sound like much time, but it's better than no time at all, and it will give you something to look forward to, a regular time to focus on writing. Try it.

We have a whole new year ahead of us that we can use to make great strides in our writing - let's grab ahold of the opportunity! It's never too late to walk toward your dream!

1 comment:

Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

Hi Susan, thanks for commenting at my blog, The Furgal Feast. I appreciate the positive words! I have always fantasized about being a writer...and have taken some creative writing classes in the past...but have never really DONE anything with the fantasy. I like your idea of actually setting aside time to really DO it. To just write...even if it's not that great! I was tempted to challenge myself to write a Haiku a day...off the top of my head...and post it, whether it was "good" or not. Maybe I still will. At least it would be something! I look forward to visiting your blog more often...I bookmarked it! Have a great day!