Saturday, January 13, 2007

A new year...

Welcome, 2007! It feels like it's been a long time since I posted. I spent a good deal of time at the end of December mulling over things like priorities and goals. Very interesting to think about one's life like that. I settled on a few - okay, more than a few - and set some plans in motion. Success? A little here and there, but that's okay. I'm not going for the "I have to be perfect in everything every single day of the new year." I've gone through that before; it didn't work. I'm going for progress, not perfection, which happens to be this year's motto for FlyLady.

As for my writing, I can't deny the urge to do it. After the burn-out I experienced due to my foray into the working (outside the home) world over the summer and into the fall, and once I'd handed in my resignation, I'd pulled out of every activity I'd been involved in except for two. The ones I wouldn't let go were my class in American Sign Lanuage and my participation in NaNoWriMo. Once those things were over and I got into my "think over my life" phase, I certainly wasn't writing or even studying my craft actively; I was just thinking, which I believe was well worth putting everything else on hold.

Now that the new year is here, I've been moving into action. One thing I don't want to do is to overextend myself like I did before. I'm coming out of burn-out well, but I am concerned about the tendency I've had of taking on much too much and then having to back out of things when I can't do it all. I don't want to do that again. In addition to my plans to achieve some definite and realistic goals in 2007, I've added two classes (American Sign Language 102 and Copyediting/Proofreading), one I'll go to , one that's online. Let's add to that the very distinct possibility of making a major move in the next eight months and having a houseful of stuff to go through and important decisions to make (like where to move). Now add to all that scheduling time to write - can I do it? Should I do it? How can I not do it?

Hoping to update with words of success for every area, including writing!

No comments: