I finally got into my Blogger dashboard so I could make this entry! Whew! That was just plain hard. I'd tried repeatedly to log in, but for some reason, I couldn't. Now, I'm in. The only problem is: What was it I wanted to say? LOL!
Ah, yes. It was about writing, or, rather, the lack of writing. After all, how am I supposed to write every day when there are other things that don't get done? How do you write when there are checks that need to be written and mailed, there are dishes waiting - no, demanding - to be washed, there's a dusty car interior to clean?
You know what? Other people do it. Other people find, even "make," the time to write. "Write for ten minutes each and every day," one book instructs. Okay, that sounds easy enough. So why don't I do it?
Three little words (okay, two little words and one big word): lack of organization. I truly feel that lack of organization steals time and energy that could (and hopefully would) be spent on reaching my goals.
Now that I know what I lack, how do I get what I need? Do an Internet search, you say? Well, yes and no. Yes, if I want to find some great resources; no, if I want to slog through over a million results (more or less).
I've played with organization time and time again. I love, love, love to plan. It feels good, yet I'm really not accomplishing anything yet, so it's safe and easy. Sitting on the couch, filling out a time schedule, is just plain comfy, but getting off my behind, keeping track of time and chores done, doesn't seem so comfy. I'm beginning to get irritated by my own busy-ness and laziness. Yeah, I come home from work tired, but so does everyone else.
I'm going to formulate a plan (yay - comfy time!), and I'm going to work that plan. The sense of satisfaction I'll receive from regularly working toward - and accomplishing - my many goals will be more than worth the effort.
Come along on this journey with me. Start thinking about what areas of your life you're feeling disorganized in. I'll bring my thoughts, insights, and plan right back here, and I'm confident there will be answers and solutions to the idea of there's not enough time.
I just finished reading:
Reason and Romance by Debra White Smith (a contemporary Christian version of Jane Austin's Sense and Sensibility)
I will be reading:
Put Your House on a Diet by Ed Morrow, Sheree Bykofsky, and Rita Rosenkranz
I want to get back to reading:
Get That Novel Started! by Donna Levin
Got ten minutes? Then write! (Does this blog count?) :)
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment