Good morning! Happy Mother's Day yesterday to everyone concerned.
If you are at all interested in writing romance fiction, Charlotte Dillon's site will gladden any writer's heart! Stop by and have a look.
There's so much to romance writing that it gets overwhelming for a newcomer like me. Where do you start? I usually start with a snippet of a scene, perhaps people I've seen in a certain situation or just in my mind, and then I wonder who they are and why they're doing what they're doing. For the first novel which I wrote through NaNoWriMo (loads of fun!!!), I had the beginning and the ending and enjoyed quite a ride getting from one to the other! LOL! I had more of the beginning for the second novel (yes, again through NaNo).
Here's what you can do. Keep a pad of paper and a pen handy whether you're home or out and about. Jot down those snippets, perhaps a phrase or two, maybe a short physical description of someone you see who would be perfect for your story or novel.
Any ideas yet?
Monday, May 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment